COVID – 19, or the Corona Virus, has messed up my entire world in the past week. One week ago I found out that my university was suspending classes and then going online after spring break. Monday of this week I moved back home, away from my church, my friends, my school, and my boyfriend. In a week and a half I start being homeschooled again. Everything is getting shut down, there’s no toilet paper, and my prepper dad is preparing for the end of the world. It’s a crazy time but at least the memes are lit.
I thought I would come up with a few ideas for what you can do while in quarantine. There are so many things that one can do to fill the loneliness created by having no social interaction. Unless you are one of those people that already does self isolation as a lifestyle, also known as an introvert (this is actually me but I still like some social interaction, #INFJlife), then you probably don’t need this list.
1) Read a book. I’m sure you have at least one book lying around that you keep putting off reading because of lack of time. Well now you have time so go read that book sis. And if you don’t have one of those then just find one. You can get Kindle Unlimited free for 30 days (I did this) so I would highly suggest using that to find some good reads.
2) Do indoor workouts. Since it’s not necessarily safe to go outside and walk if you’re in the city and gyms are closed this is a good way to stay fit. There are a lot of videos on YouTube to use to guide you. And if you don’t generally work out then do some yoga. This can help you at least keep your body moving.
3) Keep in touch with people. Snap friends, video call, text. There’s even a way to have a remote Netflix party. And don’t forget to livestream church services so you don’t lose time hearing good preaching if you are avoiding the actual building. There are ways to get a little bit of a social life even in isolation.
4) Pick up a new hobby. I have enough of these, cue nervous laughter, but I know a lot of people who don’t. Find something fun to do. You could learn to do watercolors or actually figure out how to play that guitar that’s been hiding in your closet for a year.
5) Binge-watch everything. There are so many good series to catch up on especially with Disney+ being a thing. You can also watch those movies you’ve been meaning to watch but haven’t. Streaming services are your best friend now.
6) Spend more time with God. Try a new devotional, spend time in prayer, listen to Christian podcasts, etc.
Those are just a few of my ideas that either I’m doing or have heard from other people online. Don’t get depressed my friends. This will hopefully all end soon. Stay safe and don’t forget to wash your hands!
(and for goodness sake, share the toilet paper people)